1. Click "Post Your Ad" on the top right corner.
2. Complete all the information about your item such as title, category, region, description, price and add photos.
3. After filling out the required fields, click on “Post” button.
4. Once you post your ad, you will be immediately redirected to our registration page (if you are not a registered user). You will have to fill out all the required fields and click on the ‘Register’ button at the bottom of the page.
5. Your advert will be published shortly once the moderation process is completed.
6. Once your advert is live, you will receive a notification email.
7. Be ready to receive numerous incoming calls from your potential buyers. Good luck with your sales!
1. Our moderators will review your ad very carefully and if all the fields are filled out correctly, it will be activated shortly.
2. You can find your advert on our website only when it is approved by our moderators.
3. You will get a notification email when your advert is active. If there is something wrong with your advert, you will be notified about that and all the mistakes will be specified so that you can edit your advert correspondingly.
4. After publishing your advert, you can edit it again if needed and repost. Once done, your advert undergoes moderation before being activated on the website.
5. You can delete or deactivate your advert any time you want.
6. You shouldn’t publish adverts of the same content. They will be considered duplicates by our moderators and won’t go active on the website.
7. You can always manage your ads by logging in to your Kilakituu Africa account and clicking on Listings.
1. Every advert must have a precise title.
2. Every advert should contain only unique images (taken by the seller and not downloaded from the Internet) without any contact information or watermarks.
3. Every advert of cars or phones must contain images.
4. Make sure you chose an appropriate category. Be attentive choosing a category for a job proposal and/or a resume.
5. The prices of your items must correspond to the real prices of similar products.
6. All posted products and/or services must be located in Africa.
7. All items and products must be legally permitted.
8. Each item for sale must be posted separately. You cannot post several products within one and the same advert.
9. Every advert must contain a brief and clear description.
If you really want to create a great ad, it is highly recommended to follow the instructions below:
1. Use a clear title which includes the name of the item you sell. Try to make your title appealing and eye-catching.
2. Set an appropriate price for your item so that the advert is approved. If the price is not relevant, it may be declined. Make sure to carry out some investigation of the prices for a particular item.
3. The description of your product must be informative enough and mustn’t contain any false information regarding your product or service.
4. Upload only unique and high-quality photos of your items taken by yourself and not downloaded from the Internet. The better photos you add, the more attractive your ad looks to the potential buyers and the more calls you receive.
5. Indicate correct contact details for the potential buyers/clients to be able to reach you easily. Try to respond all the incoming calls or to call back your customers once available.
6. Try to fill out all the fields of your profile page, as well as those of your advert, to let your customers dispose of all the necessary information about you as a seller and the products you sell.
7. The better rating you have on our website, the more chances you get to attract a lot of buyers. Remember that it is important to build trust in your business. Your rating depends on the number of positive/negative feedback received from your previous customers.
8. Make your advert as risk-free as possible. Underline that no prepayments are required and be ready to list those delivery services which presuppose payment on the delivery of the product ordered.
My advert has been put on hold. Why?
There are several reasons why your ad can be placed on hold by our moderators:
1. You tried to post several items within one ad. It is not allowed to do that. Each item must be posted separately, one ad - one product. Please follow this simple rule so that your ad is activated shortly.
2. Pictures you've uploaded contain contact numbers. We do not allow posting this kind of photos. Please add pics which don't have any phone numbers for your ads to go active on Kilakituu Africa.
3. There are certain restrictions concerning prices users might set. Please, input an appropriate price for your advert to be approved. If the price is not relevant, it may be declined. Make sure to carry out some investigation of a market value of an item you intend to sell.
Log in to your Kilakituu Africa account, click on the advert you want to share, scroll down until you see the social media icons, click on a particular icon to be able to share the link.
Prohibited items on Kilakituu Africa.
1. Narcotics, steroids, and any drugs or medications that require a prescription from a licensed medical specialist
3. Restricted military/police items
4. Human organs
5. Illegal/pirated copies
6. Stolen property
7. Code grabbing and lock picking devices
8. Electronic equipment prohibited by the law
9. Sexually-oriented services
10. Loans, money transactions, Bitcoin
11. Multi-level marketing, pyramid, and matrix programs
12. Network marketing and “Home Base Business” jobs
13. Products (goods or services) prohibited to sell by the law, in particular:
-Food, processed food, water, soft drinks, spirit drinks, medical devices, drugs, drug products, cosmetics, chemicals, agrochemicals, pesticides, veterinary drugs, or other goods if they have not been registered with the National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control (the “NAFDAC”) or other relevant authority;
-Any goods, sale, distribution, or advertising of which is banned or restricted by the NAFDAC or any other relevant authority;
-Any goods, sale, distribution or advertising of which is prohibited by applicable legislation;
-Any goods that do not comply with standards and quality requirements imposed on such goods by applicable legislation;
-Any goods that are represented on the label or described as a treatment, preventative, or cure for diseases, disorders, or abnormal physical states specified by applicable legislation.
14. Trophies and wildlife specimens (including but not limited to ivory artifacts and pangolin parts) in relation to which trade is prohibited by applicable legislation.
If you have noticed any announcements promoting Prohibited Items on Kilakituu Africa, please report them via the “Report Abuse” link available in each posting.
Your ads remain on the site indefinitely or until you decide to deactivate them. Please note that you can update your ad if needed.
Premium services are specifically designed tools for the sellers which help to promote the items more, to sell all the goods much faster and get even more clients.
Since Kilakituu Africa is the place where buyers and sellers meet, you will need a good promotion for your ads.
Below you can find 6 main benefits of posting your ads on Kilakituu Africa:
1. Kilakituu Africa is the biggest marketplace in Kenya
Kilakituu Africa is classified with the largest number of visitors and ads posted.
2. Kilakituu Africa has more clients than others
We get our visitors only from relevant sources like Google and Facebook.
3. Relevant promotion algorithms
We promote your ads only to those users who could be interested in your products. That gives you the biggest number of real clients.
4. Personal Support
We have a dedicated support team who understands your needs very well and ensures customer satisfaction.
5. Fair price for the services you get
We charge you in USD, so you won't pay any extra commissions.
6. Kilakituu Africa is secure
We use secure gateways of European banks, so all transactions are 100% secure.
1. MOVE TO TOP - 3x views! This function moves you ad once on the top of the you category and the main page too.
2. HIGHLIGHT - 5x views! This option allows to attract the visitors attention on you ads. Background of your ad becomes highlighted. The duration of the option in days:7
3. PREMIUM - 20x views! Item shown on top of free items. Item get much more views and this promotes more rapid sale. The duration of the option in days:7
4. PACK 3-in-1 - 100x views! Attract as many visitors as possible to your ad. This option includes: Premium status, highlighting the ad and automatically moving your ad in the top every day! The duration of the option in days:7
Boosted ads pop up much more frequently than standard ads. Also, we update them to get maximum visibility in search results and categories. Imagine that you hire a dedicated team of marketing professionals at a price one hundredfold less than usual. Sounds nice? Then, you certainly need to try our Premium Services. Prices may vary based on the goals you wish to reach and budgets at your disposal. For a more detailed description of our Premium Services, please, visit this link Premium Services
To buy Premium services, you should follow this link Premium Pack and choose a Premium Package which suits you best and click on Buy now button.
You can report on illegal/fraudulent activity if you find something suspicious about the seller or his advert on firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback will be immediately redirected to Kilakituu Africa support managers and we will block the seller if he proves to be a scammer.
Effective as of: 30 January 2021